Action hook gets user registration data before data is validated, but before new user is inserted.
All of the _data hooks can be used in a similar manner. The differences are if the user data has been inserted or not. All of it has passed validation by the time it gets to the hook.
The wpmem_pre_register_data hook can be used to validate registration data by globalizing $wpmem_themsg to contain the error message. If $wpmem_themsg contains a value, it will halt the registration process and return the error message to the user.
The related action hook for user profile update is wpmem_post_update_data.
(array) (optional) The user’s submitted registration data.
Introduced in version 2.7.2
wpmem_post_register_data is located in /inc/register.php
- wpmem_register_data (filter)
- wpmem_pre_register_data (action)
- wpmem_post_register_data (action)
- wpmem_pre_update_data (action)
- wpmem_post_update_data (action)
Code Snippet Library [Subscriber Content]
- Customize form fields based on specific page or post criteria
- Integrating Really Simple CAPTCHA
- Confirm password at registration and have password meet specific criteria
- Request additional data fields on a specific page
- Add a Date of Birth Field with Dropdown Selections for Month, Day, and Year
- Only Allow Registration From Specified Email Domains
- Fighting registration spam with a honey pot
- Validate a registration with a PIN
- Simple registration invite code example
- Custom form field validation: numeric fields
- Add password and email confirmation to the registration process