There are several emails that may go to users. These include:
- New Registration – notifies the user that they have successfully registered.
- Registration is Moderated – notifies the user that their registration is pending admin approval.
- Registration is Moderated, User is Approved – notifies the user their pending registration is now approved.
- Password Reset – email to send a new password to a user that forgot their password.
- Admin Notification – email to admin notifying them of each newly registered user.
- Email Signature – a footer or signature placed at the bottom of each of the above emails.
In addition to being able to set custom static content in these emails via the plugin’s admin panel, there are also filter hooks for each email sent out. Filter hooks allow you to filter the email that is sent and also to add/subtract content from the email based on additional criteria. The following filter hooks are available for email content:
- wpmem_email_filter (powerful, all-encompassing filter for all but the admin notification email. see documentation for a list of all parameters the filter handles)
- wpmem_notify_addr (changes the admin notification email address programmatically – can be used for different email addresses as well as multiple recipients)
- wpmem_notify_filter (admin notification email filter equivalent to wpmem_email_filter)