The WP-Members Security plugin will allow you to prevent registration based on the user’s IP address, email address, or chosen username. You can also set a custom error message for each one of these criteria. You can restrict a range of IP addresses, or limit email addresses by wildcard (i.e. disallowing specific domains).
- Prevent concurrent logins – Users can only be logged in from one location at a time.
- Registration form honey pot – Shuts down registration by bots.
- Require random passwords to be changed on first use.
- Require passwords to be changed after a defined period of time.
- Require strong passwords using the WordPress password strength meter.
- Require the current password when changing a password.
- Require new password to not be one of previous X passwords used.
- StopForumSpam.com anti-spam validation (no API key required).
- Akismet anti-spam validation (requires valid API key from Akismet).
- Log login errors
- Limit login attempts – locks users out after x number of failed attempts in a set amount of time.
Get the Plugin
WP-Members Security is a premium plugin available in the store.
Best Value: this plugin is included in the WP-Members Pro Bundle package.