To get started:
- Open the plugin’s Fields tab.
- Add a new text field for your invite code (DO NOT set it as required).
- In the Invite Codes tab, select the invite code field you created from the “Invite Code Field” dropdown selection.
- If an invite code is required for registration, you can set is as required in the Invite Codes Settings.
- If moderated registration is enabled, you may set the Invite Codes extension to auto approve the user. IMPORTANT: This setting, if used, should ONLY be used if users choose their own passwords at registration (password field is enabled in the fields tab).
After you’ve identified your invite code field, you’ll want to add some invite codes. You can do this in the section “Create New Code”. You can enter your own code, or you can use the “Create Random Code” button to generate a random code.
The “Limit Use” checkbox identifies the code as only being allowed to be used a set number of times. (This replaces the “single use” setting from the previous version.) Specify the number of times the code may be used. For single use, you can set the number to 1 if you intend to give this code to a single person and want the code to automatically deactivate after it is used once. If the field is to be unlimited use, leave this blank.
You can give any of your invite codes a description in the Description field.
The last section of the admin will display your stored invitation codes. Any limited use codes will be identified with the number of remaining uses in the limited use column. All codes will give a date created. The date deactivated will be indicated if you have manually deactivated any codes, or if a limited use code has no remaining uses.