The WP-Members Security extension will allow you to prevent registration based on the user’s IP address, email address, or chosen username. You can also set an error message for each one of these criteria.
- Prevent concurrent logins – Users can only be logged in from one location at a time.
- Registration form honey pot – Shuts down registration by bots.
- Require random passwords to be changed on first use.
- Require passwords to be changed after a defined period of time.
- Require strong passwords using the WordPress password strength meter.
- Require the current password when changing a password.
- Require new password to not be one of previous X passwords used.
- StopForumSpam.com anti-spam validation (no API key required).
- Akismet anti-spam validation (requires valid API key from Akismet).
- Log login errors
- Limit login attempts – locks users out after x number of failed attempts in a set amount of time.
NOTE: This is for the WP-Members Security extension, extension support, and one year of updates. If you need WP-Members core support, choose one of the support options here.