WP-Members 3.1.5 is both a security and a feature release. Minimum WP version is 3.6.0. Continue Reading →
WP-Members 3.1.4 is primarily a new feature release with a couple of fixes. Additionally, I spent some time going through the code for some general cleanup of @todo tags as well as some inline documentation updates. Continue Reading →
WordPass Pro is now available as a beta release. This is the pro version of WordPass which is freely available on wordpress.org.
This beta release is available exclusively to RocketGeek.com subscribers. The plugin will eventually be available as a separate product, but in its initial release it will only be available with the site subscription.
- Random selection from the word list of a single word.
- Word list allows unlimited words.
- Makes words all lowercase, all uppercase, first letter uppercase, or random selection (for best security, use random selection).
- A random number between 1 and 3 digits is added to every password. This number may be split and added as multiple numbers (for example, if the random word selected is sloop, and a 3 digit number is selected, it might be served as 9sloop40.)
- At random, a single special character may be added.
Additional features in the Pro version
- All of the free version features PLUS:
- Number of words used can be between 1-4 or a random number chosen at random from the word list.
- Default word list includes well over a hundred words to get you started.
- Words can be “leetified” (“leetspeak” is a process of changing certain letters to other symbols, letters, or numbers; for example, “street” might be “$tr33t” in leet). Leet can be turned on or off or be randomly applied.
- Basic leet dictionary included can be filtered to allow custom leet character mapping.
- Number of numbers can be 0-3 digits or random.
- Number of special characters can be 0-3 or random.
- Special characters used can be filtered to allow additional (or removal of) characters.
- Setting to enforce strong passwords – every password generated will be checked against the password strength meter and only strong passwords will be allowed to be generated.
- Settings to create easier passwords for humans that are harder for computers to crack. This is the premise behind the zxcvbn password algorithm.
I finally crossed the threshold of getting a plugin updates API in place for the WP-Members premium extensions. This has been a long time coming and has been something that has held back the further development of some core products that have been cooking. Continue Reading →