WP-Members 3.4.7 is now available. This release continues the improvements slated for 3.4 moving the plugin forward towards a smooth transition into 3.5.
This is mostly a code improvement release, along with some additional API functions and a few minor new features.
Remember that the legacy password reset (requiring both username and email) will be fully obsolete in 3.5, so upgrade if you have not already done so.
- Code improvement in the password reset function for situations where an error may result in an empty user object.
- Code improvement in REST API filtering of blocked content for situations where there may be additional (i.e. custom) values (such as those created by page builders).
- Code improvement in hidden posts checking in case the “post__not_in” query_var is not set.
- Code improvement to make sure required fields are required for the wp user profile, but allowable to be skipped by an admin.
- Code improvement to make sure all object variables are declared for PHP 8.2.
- WooCommerce functions moved into its own object class.
- New field type: timestamp – saves date as a Unix timestamp, but can display as a regular date.
wpmem_get_membership_id()– gets a membership database primary key ID
wpmem_get_membership_slug()– gets a membership slug by ID
wpmem_is_enabled()– checks if a WP-Members setting is enabled
wpmem_remove_membership_from_post()– allows programmatically removing a membership requirement from a post (opposite of
wpmem_add_membership_to_post()added in 3.4.6).
wpmem_remove_membership_from_posts()– same as above, but handles an array of post IDs for multiple posts (opposite of
wpmem_add_membership_to_posts()added in 3.4.6).
- [wpmem_user_memberships] shortcode – displays a user’s memberships (for the currently logged in user)
- [wpmem_user_membership_posts] shortcode – displays the membership restricted posts that a user has access to, grouped by membership (supports multiple memberships per user).
- Adds a “select all” checkbox option to several columns of the Fields tab.
- Adds a
$previousdata array when updating user fields, which will make it easier for filter functions to check for changes.
- Adds an option to make WooCommerce products marked as restricted to be not purchasable without being logged in or having an assigned membership.