WP-Members 3.2.4 is a fix release with some minor bug fixes and various improvements.
User Deactivation in Users > All Users
One thing that was noted recently was that the “Deactivate” option was available in the Users > All Users bulk action menu but it did not do anything. That was my fault getting a little ahead of myself.
During the 3.2 development process, I had intended to bring bulk deactivation into that screen. It was not completed for the release, but I inadvertently left in the “Deactivate” menu item. So this menu item did not trigger anything.
That is corrected in 3.2.4. And beyond that, not only did I add bulk deactivation, but I added a “deactivate” hover link for individual users as well. This operates the same as activation now.
jQuery NoConflict and Load Priority
Since I was working on the bulk action menu, I updated the jQuery that adds the WP-Members bulk action options to use NoConflict. This should improve the process and avoid conflicts.
Also in jQuery-world, I changed the priority for the login/logout menu item. This jQuery loads in the footer. It had been loading at the default priority (10). Ordinarily this is fine. WP by default loads jQuery in the head, so you don’t generally see an issue here. However, I had some users report problems because they were running a plugin that moved jQuery to load in the footer as well. Unfortunately, this was also running at a priority of 10 and was loading after WP-Members. This caused a script error even if the menu item was not being used. This version bumps the priority to 50 which should be fine for compatibility as I can’t see anyone intentionally loading the main library later than that.
This version “fixes” a bug that seems to be caused by the addition of a query_vars filter. If your site had a static home page and a user logged in on that home page and there was a login error, the blog page was displayed.
I still have not fully traced all of the details of what is going on with this issue. But I did trace it to the addition of a query_vars filter added in 3.2 that was intended to add the WP-Members action variable “a” to the WP query vars array.
For now, this filter is being removed and will not be put back in until I fully track down the problem, what caused it and why, and come up with a robust solution.
Other Changes and Updates
Here is a list of other changes an updates in this release:
- Added an ID attribute for form labels. This is optional but is available when using the wpmem_form_label() API function.
- Added wpmem_format_date() API function.
- Added label tags to multiple checkbox and radio group items (previously, just text was displayed with no label tag. Note that the general label still remains which I know is not technically correct HTML syntax. However, there is not a way to avoid that for this at this time. But the addition of the label tag for each item will allow for items to be checked when the label is clicked as well as the checkbox/radio button).
- Added membership product columns to posts/pages and users screens (if membership products are enabled).
- Updated the membership product object structure.
- Deprecated wpmem_a_activate_user() and wpmem_a_deactivate_user(). Replaced with wpmem_activate_user() and wpmem_deactivate_user(). The _a_ stem is a legacy nomenclature that was used to identify certain admin functions. It is (finally) being phased out.
- Move the install file to the /inc/ directory.
- Moved remaining functions out of core.php and deprecated the file.