The User Tracking extension received an update today, taking it to version 1.1.0.
Here’s an overview of the update:
New Export Features
The plugin received new data export features. You can export all data in a single file, or you can export data based on a date range.
With the date range data export, you can export everything from a specified date up to now, everything from the beginning to a specified date, or everything in a selected range of dates.
Future versions will expand on this so that you can export data by user and by page/url.
The export also includes a new filter that allows you to customize the columns that are included in the export. I’ll have more information on this and how to use it as I complete new documentation for the plugin.
The plugin is now translation ready. I reviewed the plugin’s HTML and text output. While doing so, I also cleaned up the HTML to improve the interface and be more consistent with WP admin HTML markup.
I am working on adding a GlotPress section to rocketgeek.com for managing translations from within the community. This will allow you to suggest translations and add/edit/update existing translations. That’s not done yet, but in the works for later this year.
I have run some additional testing on multisite and updated some of the SQL queries for reporting. Any queries in the previous versions that accessed the wp_users or wp_usermeta tables were not working correctly in multisite.
The reason for this is that multisite is very different from regular single install WordPress. For one thing, there is only a single set of user tables (users and usermeta) for the entire install, as all users are “network” users. So when the queries utilize the table prefix for the individual site, that’s not the same prefix for the user tables.
That has been corrected in this update. So reporting should work now in multisite.
As usual, if you have any trouble with the update, let me know via the contact form.