WP-Members 2.8.5 was released today. This version is a minor update.
For all users, the following updates are part of the 2.8.5 release:
- I have improved the Twenty Eleven and Twenty Twelve stylesheets. Most users should see no major effects from this, but you should probably doublecheck your forms to make sure the updates are compatible with whatever theme you are using. The changes are primarily minor tweaks to margins and padding to bring longer forms into more consistent alignment. It also improves the layout when textarea, checkboxes, and dropdowns are used in the middle area of the forms.
- A new stylesheet based on Twenty Thirteen was included in this release. This theme is responsive. I will be updating the others to be responsive as well, but that will be in a later release. If you need a responsive theme, you could build from Twenty Thirteen as a base for your customization (for more on customizing forms and stylesheets, see the User Guide). The Twenty Twelve stylesheet will remain the plugin default for now, so if you intend to use this new stylesheet, you can easily change that in the stylesheet dropdown selector in the plugin’s options tab. (For those that want more options in stylesheets, or users of the Genesis framework, I have also recently released an add-on pack of stylesheets based on the Genesis child themes from StudioPress. As I add more to the package, I will update the list of available stylesheets. This add-on is available exclusively to subscribers of rocketgeek.com.)
- A new filter hook was added for the arguments needed to reset a forgotten password – wpmem_pwdreset_args. This filter will allow you to customize the plugin to use a single stage password reset (username OR email) instead of the previously required username AND email by taking the known value and using the WordPress function get_user_by. I will be writing a tutorial for site subscribers on how to do this.
- There was a code fix included in this update for the insertion of the user meta values for the user’s IP and URL at registration. When I added the wpmem_register_data filter hook, the insert process for these two meta values was not taken from the filtered array. 2.8.5 corrects that so now any value that is included in the $fields array can be filtered.
Other updates in this release:
- Users of the PayPal subscription add-on will see some improvements in the Users > All Users table when using the add-on. As many of you know, the 2.8 project has been rebuilding the admin side of the plugin and recently has completed transferring functionality from Users > WP-Members to Users > All Users. Most of that has been completed, and this version extends the functionality of the add-on (screening for trials, expired, and subscribers) to the Users > All Users panel. The PayPal add-on is in active development, so this panel will continue to be improved as needed.