I had a user request some time ago to allow the plugin to send test emails to the administrator so that so a site owner could test both email functionality and view the content of each email without going through the hassle of doing a test registration each time. I thought that sounded like a great idea.
This was originally offered to users as a code snippet, but has since grown into an extension package for the plugin. The extension will add a tab to the WP-Members admin panel where you can ask the plugin to send test emails to you for review.
- New registration
- New registration pending when using moderated registration (admin approval)
- New registration has been approved when using moderated registration
- Forgotten password reset
- New registration email notification to admin
Note: this process will load the admin’s registration data, depending on what should be included in the email (such as the admin notification) when compared to what data you have in your profile, some data may not show up; i.e. if you have address data in the admin notification email but do not have this information in the admin profile you are testing with, that data will be empty in the test admin notification email. Also, I’ve just put in “fakepassword” for anywhere a password would be included.
New in version 1.1:
- Only enabled emails are available for tests. So if you do not have moderated registration enabled, or admin notification enabled, those emails will not show as options to send. The only options to send are the actual available emails based on your plugin settings.
- Custom emails added through the API will be automatically included and can be tested.